The Rental Vehicle Association is a voluntary member organisation representing the majority of the rental vehicle industry in New Zealand. You can contact us here.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and have robust systems in place to provide you with services tailored to your individual needs while also complying under our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020.
If you wish to seek further information about privacy matters, please visit the Privacy Commissioners website here. If you have a specific query in relation to our privacy processes, please contact our privacy officer by email at email@example.com.
Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ).
Personal Information has the meaning given under the Privacy Act 1993.
Services means the offers and services provided by the RVA.
Website means www.rentalvehicle.co.nz and other websites and forms of social media where you post comments, or we interact with you.
What Personal Information might we collect?
We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- your name;
- your email address, telephone numbers, and residential or business address;
- date of birth;
- sensitive information, for example if you advise us of any disability;
- banking information including account details, credit card details, and expiry dates;
- information on a professional group to which you belong (e.g. that you may disclose in order to obtain a discount available to members of that group);
- company name and employee number;
- any other Personal Information relevant to the Services we provide to you.
Where sensitive personal information is collected by the RVA, it will be done so only with your explicit consent.
Why do we collect Personal Information?
We use the Personal Information we collect for operational purposes and to:
- verify your identity;
- provide you with our Services;
- comply with our contractual and other legal obligations;
- process your inquiries and respond to communications;
- advise you of additional services or information which may be of interest to you;
- develop our products and Services;
- improve the quality of your visit to our Website;
- for the collection of monies owed, including authorizing and processing credit card transactions;
- send you our newsletters or email alerts when you have consented to receiving such communications;
- contact you in the context of the Services that you have requested through the Website.
If you do not provide the Personal Information we request, or if any of the Personal Information you provide is incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to provide the Services to you or those Services may be compromised.
How do we collect Personal Information?
Where possible we aim to collect Personal Information directly from you. We may also collect Personal Information:
- when you complete a form or make inquiries;
- from your company or organisation when you use our Services under a corporate account or other arrangement;
- from our contracted service providers;
- from third parties;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- when we are required to do so by law.
We may also collect data from you which is not Personal Information:
- when you log onto or connect to our Website and our server automatically records information your browser sends (e.g. your IP address, how and when you travel through our Website, the pages and documents accessed information about your usage and other information provided by downloading information from our Website); and
- when you participate in a survey or when you register to receive information from us, or register to receive information on any of our Services;
Our partners and links to other websites
Although we only work with reputable third parties, our business partners may have different privacy policies and practices than the RVA.
There are also several places throughout our Website that may link you to other websites that do not operate under the RVA information privacy practices. When you click through to these websites, the RVA website information privacy practices no longer apply. We recommend that you examine the privacy statements for all third-party websites to understand their procedures for collecting, using, and disclosing your information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in certain circumstances including:
- if you agree to the disclosure;
- to our Related Entities or Related Companies;
- when we use it for the purpose for which it was collected, e.g. to provide you with Services, in these cases, we only provide the Personal Information that is necessary for the provision of the Service;
- where disclosure is required or permitted by law, by court order or to investigate suspected fraud or other unlawful activity;
- where it is required to be disclosed for audit purposes; where it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law, a law imposing a pecuniary penalty or for the protection of public revenue;
- where it will protect your rights and the freedoms of others.
How your information is stored
We endeavour to keep our information systems and files secured from unauthorised access. Those who work with us are aware of the importance we place on protecting your privacy and their role in helping us to do so.
Our procedures to securely store Personal Information include electronic and physical security measures, staff training and use of password protection software.
When the Personal Information that we collect is no longer required, we will remove or de-identify the Personal Information as soon as reasonably possible. We may, however, retain Personal Information for as long as is necessary to comply with any applicable law, for the prevention of fraud, for the collection of monies owed, and to resolve disputes.
What are your rights in relation to your Personal Information?
Access of your Personal Information
You have the right to request access to your Personal Information held by the RVA, or request information on how your Personal Information is being used. Where possible your information will be provided in an electronic format. There will be no cost for the first copy of your Personal Information unless there are significant administrative costs. Any further copies of your Personal Information may incur a reasonable fee based on administrative costs. For security purposes, before we provide you with access to your Personal Information, we may ask you to provide evidence of your identity.
Under some limited conditions we will not be able to provide access to your information. This includes if it adversely affects the rights and freedoms of others; if your request is excessive or unjustified; or if legal obligations prohibit access to the information. If we are unable to provide access to your Personal Information, we will provide a list of reasons why we are unable to provide this information.
Correcting and updating your Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act you have the right to access your Personal Information held by the RVA, and to have that information corrected and/or updated. You may be able to update some of your Personal Information online via your account. To otherwise access, correct or update information we hold about you please contact the RVA here. You should provide this in a statement of correction.
Withdrawal of consent
You consent to the collection and use of your Personal Information by the RVA in accordance with this policy. Where your Personal Information has been processed through your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time by contacting the RVA. Please be aware that withdrawing consent for use of your Personal Information may lead to impaired use or inability to use the Services provided by the RVA.