If you have concerns regarding the service you have received from your rental vehicle operator, then we may be able to help.
If your rental vehicle operator is a member of the RVA then you will be able to make use of our complaints service in resolving your concerns. You can check if they are a member by using the directory here.
What do you need to do?
To help reach a quick resolution, we suggest you follow these two steps:
- If you haven't already done so, please contact the rental vehicle operator by phone or email to discuss the issue with them. Many misunderstandings can be resolved just by taking this simple step.
- If you are unable to resolve your concern with the rental vehicle operator, your next step is to put your concern in writing and send it through to us at the RVA by completing the form at the bottom of the page.
When writing your complaint, remember to include:
- the name of the rental vehicle operator involved in the issue you wish to raise
- copies of any letters or other documents that may help us to understand your issue
- a description of the issue - state what happened, including the dates and the names of any other people involved and then most importantly state how you see this being resolved in a manner that is fair to yourself and the rental vehicle operator concerned.
What happens next?
- Your written complaint will be assessed by the RVA team, who will then advise you on the course of action
- The RVA team will contact the rental vehicle operator concerned and give him/her an opportunity to respond.
- The RVA team will act as intermediary between you and the rental vehicle operator until a successful resolution has been achieved.
Can anyone else help me?
You can also get independent advice from one of the following: